CBM invites well qualified Vietnamese candidates to apply for the position of Country Coordinator based in Ha Noi, Viet Nam. Please send letter of intent and resume (with names of three references) to
by February 28th, 2011. Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Target Start Date: 1st April 2011, with a 3-month handover with the outgoing Country Coordinator CBM welcomes and strongly encourages applications from persons with disabilities and women. The future jobholder commits to CBM Child Protection Policy.
CBM is an international development organization with expertise in Disability and Inclusive Development and works through government and non-governmental partners for the empowerment and full inclusion of persons with disability. CBM commenced its mission in Viet Nam in 1982. Project support is provided in three main areas: prevention of blindness/comprehensive eye care, community based rehabilitation (CBR) and inclusive education. The key function of the CBM Country Coordination Office is to assist in the development of the capacities of project partners in planning, monitoring and quality management of projects, as well development of collaborative relationships with other stakeholders. The desired result is relevant, efficient, effective and sustainable community eye health, rehabilitation and education programmes with a view towards promoting a disability inclusive approach in all aspects of the work of CBM and partners in the country.
OBJECTIVE OF THE POSITION
To develop and manage programme, human resource and administrative systems and tools for effective and efficient implementation of CBM's programmes in Vietnam.
The jobholder will report to the Acting Regional Director of CBM Central East Asia Regional Office based in Bangkok, Thailand.
DUTIES AND RESPOINSIBILITIES Programme Development
1) Develop programme plan based on the analysis of the working context and in line with regional and global CBM strategies
2) Strengthen the system of programme planning, monitoring, evaluation and development
3) Liaise with government agencies and non-government organizations that are suitable network partners for CBM's programme in the country
4) Contribute to the planning and implementation of new initiatives
5) Provide regular updates to CBM on significant programme developments and make recommendations on necessary action
6) Undertake project visits as necessary and prepare reports.
7) Plan and organize training, workshop and meetings.
8) Represent CBM in important events, i.e. meetings, conferences, seminars, workshops etc.
Oversight of Office Operations (Administration and Finance)
1) Develop and supervise the application of administrative systems and procedures (e.g. communication, documentation, filing, procurement, maintenance, information technology etc) in line with CEARO standards
2) Uphold the application of CBM standard financial systems and procedures, in compliance with local government regulations
3) Prepare bi-annual and annual narrative, statistical and financial reports for timely submission to CBM
4) Contribute to organisational learning by performing regular review of operations and recommend improvements
Human Resource Management
1) Ensure consistent application of human resource policies to CBM Country Coordination Office HR procedures
2) Conduct recruitment and selection of new staff, in consultation with CEARO, if warranted
3) Oversee staff development through staff supervision, conduction of annual staff performance feedback, review of job description and identification of training needs
4) Conduct quarterly staff progress review and planning for effective monitoring and documentation of programme and office management
5) Perform periodic review and make any necessary recommendations on staff salary scale, and employment benefits
QUALIFICATIONS Educational Background and Work Experience
Bachelors degree in related field from a reputable university, preferably with additional training and/or advanced studies in the field of development, health or project management.
At least five years progressive experience in human resource management, capacity development and organizational learning; cross cultural management experience is an advantage.
At least five years experience in project management, preferably in the field of health and/or disability in an international NGO
Skills and Personal Qualities
• A solid understanding of development dilemmas and project management